Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Risk


"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

This quote is credited to a few different authors, but the man I heard it from was Mr. Wayne Bard, whom I had the privilege of eating breakfast with this morning. 
Wayne added that by following the Lord to the wonderful country of Ecuador, I am leaving my "port". He also said that Christians need to live extreme lives, because we serve an extreme God. Now don't get me wrong, God calls some to be extreme to your next door neighbors, and others to serve in the farthest parts of the world. This is why Jesus said, in Acts 1:8, the we need to go to "Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth..." As long as we're following His will for our lives, it doesn't matter where we are, for He is equally pleased. 

I encourage you to embrace these words and ask the Lord to reveal to you how you can leave your port and shine His glory in your life... 

Seeking the Lord in Ecuador in His strength alone for His greatest glory...

Luke


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that saying! I hope you are having a grreat day Glorifying God with what you are doing Bro! Love ya sooo much and miss ya!
Hunter

Unknown said...

Luke,
I think the pictures you are taking are great! I also think what your doing down there is COOL. Can't wait to see you when you get back!!!
Stay safe!
Hope to see you soon!!

Rachel