Saturday, June 14, 2008

Día del Padre

Hello blog-readers... I'm back... "from outer space". Praise God for the safe return from a fruitful journey. John Mark and I were very blessed in so many ways, and it's gonna take me a while to process all of them and put them "on paper", or the internet, I guess.

But I wanted to begin the excitement for the MEGA blog and, more importantly, give a HUGE shout out to the best Dad on earth. We all know that God is the greatest Father ever, and may we not forget to celebrate Him today.

But as far as earthly fathers go, Robert Strohl Sjogren is tough to beat (impossible, from my seeking-to-be-humble perspective). He has sacrificed a great deal in an effort to glorify God through being the best father he can be, and while he's not perfect, he learns from his mistakes and helps us, his children, learn how to avoid making the same mistake as we grow into adults.

Another aspect of this fantastic father is that he is a wonderful husband to my Mom. Many people don't think of this as a huge part of "Father's Day", but I think it is SO key. Dad is setting the example of a husband now that Hunter and I will learn from and seek to emulate if the Lord allows us the blessing of marriage.

Yet another fantastic aspect of the way my Dad fathers is how he befriends his children. I consider Dad one of my closest friends, someone with whom I want to call and celebrate, and also someone with whom I want to confide in and mourn. He is willing to share deep, personal things with me and this greatly encourages me. I've had friends who complain about how "stupid" their father is, but I cannot even come close to fathoming describing my Dad as "stupid". I'm one of those kids who will always say and BELIEVE "my Dad is smarter/stronger/better/cooler than your Dad".

The way Dad loves Mom and all of us is priceless, more than any gift, card, gift card, or mastercard commercial can say. So Dad, although I'm in Ecuador and don't have the opportunity to tell you in person, and although there is so much more that I could say, I want you and the rest of the world to know that I appreciate you and the example of Christ you set for my siblings and I. It has been a privilege being your son these past twenty years, and I look forward to many more years of learning what it means to be a man of God in all areas of life through the way you live yours.

Thanks Coach, Daddio, Padre, Father.

Thanks, Dad.

I love you...







No comments: