Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

My prayer times have been struggling the past week or so. I have either been super-tired (and prone to falling asleep) or just uber-distracted... my thoughts going from one thing to the next to the next before I rein them back in (this happens multiple times in my prayer time).

Yesterday morning was one of these times of trying to be still and wait before the Lord that turned into a battle to stay focused. However, as soon as I stepped outside and saw the unbelievable sunrise right outside my door, I was brought into a place of worship. I'm learning that, at least in this season of my life, prayer times are much better spent outside amongst His creation.

So this morning I went out by a nearby lake and just sat and waited on the Lord. I had a lovely time worshiping Him for who He is, seeing metaphors to Him and His glory in the Creation around me, and listening to some God-glorifying worship music (specifically: "Your Great Name" by Natalie Grant, "You Are My Passion" by Jesus Culture, and "Revival" by the Neverclaim). But then I felt led to just meditate on Psalm 46:10...

"Be still and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations;
I will be exalted in all the earth."

This got me thinking: He WILL be exalted among the nations! He WILL be exalted in all the earth! No darkness will ever overcome this Light. It is going to happen- you can bet your life savings (and all your future income) on it.

If someone were to invite you to going into a battle against evil where there was guaranteed victory, whether it be a legal battle, literal battle, or any kind of battle... wouldn't you jump at that opportunity? I know I would! We love to be on the winning side, and Jesus is the winning side. This is what humbled me so much this morning: that Jesus is GOING to be exalted among the nations- including East Africa! As bleak as the situation looks right now, He WILL be exalted there... and He is inviting me and Hannah (and you?) to be a part of it.

Just like in any battle- there's no guarantee we'll see the victory happen in this life (as so many others haven't had that privilege, either), but the very fact that we are being invited into the story of the exaltation of our glorious Jesus among the nations makes me SO excited and humbled.

No 'sacrifice' or trial can compare to the glory that will be revealed to us (Romans 8:18), and none of it can compare to just being a part of the story (especially if our names won't be mentioned... only His Name).

That's what's motivating me and pumping me up this morning. He is worthy! Isn't Jesus amazing?! He lives... and He wins. He will be exalted among the nations...

1 comment:

kb said...

Love readin this! Thanks for bringing my perspective back in line! Worship is what it's all about...that's why we need missionaries, b/c there is not enough worship! The natives know how to worship...just need to know WHO to worship. So proud of you, love you, Aunt KB