Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Artist's Canvas...

I sincerely apologize for the long delay in between blogs, but I have another one coming soon (Lord willing)! The Lord has still been teaching me great stuff, I just haven't made the time to write a blog... 

Today the Lord blessed me with this analogy:
Life is an artist's canvas. You have the privilege of having a portrait painted of yourself. You're given two options: one, you can paint it yourself (a self-portrait) or two, you can have Leonardo da Vinci (or your favorite portrait painter) paint it. Which would you choose? 

The obvious choice is da Vinci, for you're probably not as great a painter and the artist can see your appearance much better than you can. In the same way, we should let God, the Master painter, paint the portrait of our life. We think we can do such a great job when, in reality, we really can't see the big picture. 

So as you walk life, each day hand the brushes over to the LORD and say "God, You paint my life" and put your full trust in His perfect ability. This way, He gets the glory of the finished product...

Praise Him! 

No comments: